From work hours to happy hour – this is an outfit that you can replicate time and time again without having to pack for the occasion.
If you liked my Two Ways to Style a Flounce Dress post – I hope this one helps too! This is a more casual and sporty look even though it incorporates a maxi skirt. When you add an espadrille sneaker instead of a heel or flat and change your blouse to a tee shirt, it completely changes the overall style. For my outerwear, I grabbed one of my favorite bomber jackets, but you can also do this with a denim or leather jacket for the same style effect.
There are a few ways in which you can style your outerwear layers – try each one of these and see which ones works for you. ( I put a star (*) next to the ones styled below)
(1) Put it On* // Wear the jacket like it was meant to be worn. I like to roll up the sleeves a bit for a sportier 3/4 sleeve look, but you can leave them down too.
(2) Drape It* // The quintessential blogger look! Drape the jacket over your shoulders like a cape and be the superhero that you are.
(3) One Shoulder* // I like to sometimes drape it on my shoulder like a shawl depending on the style of the jacket to make it look a little more high-end.
(4) Around the Waist // Great for denim jacket outfits, I’ll style one for this fall for you soon!
(5) Off* // If you have been wearing one all day and need a change – remove the outerwear layer. You can carry it with you on your arm or store it somewhere for later.
What’s great is that its your look – so do it your way. Find the style that makes you feel like a million bucks and run with it!
SHOP MY LOOK:
TEE (S) // SKIRT (2) // JACKET (old, similar HERE) // SNEAKERS // EARRINGS // DVF CLUTCH (old)
Love that skirt! Your hair is getting long, looks so good! I need to learn how to go from sleep wear to more sleep wear, then back to sleep wear. Thoughts?