If you’re aiming to be adventurous with color in your wardrobe, you should add a few pieces from this year’s Pantone color of the year! Greenery is “A refreshing and revitalizing shade” and “is symbolic of new beginnings. ” Just what I needed on a Tuesday!
As I start to venture out from the many shades of black and white that I tend to reach for first in my closet, I have noticed that more shades of green have started to emerge in the collection from casual wear all the way to office attire. However, finding the right shade for your skin tone could be a bit more complex than you would like. There are so many shades of green out there, how can you tell which one works best for you?
Here’s a quick guide to help you find the right color for your skin tone and complexion:
- If you have a pale to fair skin, try to stay away from bright shades or pastel colors that could wash you out instead of making you stand out. Try aiming for something that will provide more contrast such as a Forest green or Kelly green instead. The muted hues and darker colors on the wheel will look fab on you!
- If you have olive to medium skin, you should try to avoid colors that closely resemble your skin tone. If you fall here, you are lucky since most of the green spectrum will work for you. Try something new, like a pear, sea foam or even a mint!
- If you have darker skin, try to stay away from colors that may have a brown undertone similar to your skin tone. Like everyone else, you don’t want shades that will blend in, you want them to pop! Go bold here and try a Jade green or Kermit the Frog Green. You will love it!
I opted to go with an Emerald green dress with bell sleeves to maintain a fun texture in this simple cut. There are so many ways to dress this up and down with accessories to keep me happy, so I am thrilled with this addition and the many ways I can restyle it.
Here are a few cute green dresses that could work for you:
- Pleione Off the Shoulder Dress – Perfect for some summer days and nights out.
- Asos Harem Drape Maxi Dress – Take this beauty to the beach and dig your feet in the sand!
- Banana Republic Tie-Shoulder Dress – A date night must!
- J.Crew Peplum Dress – From day to night – great for an office option.
Thanks for reading – come back to visit soon!
Dress | Loft Ponderosa Pine Dress
Shoes | Nine West, similar here and here
Accessories | Loft Necklace, Forever 21 (old), similar here
Cole Haan Sunglasses (old), similar here and here
Oooh i love your dress! Cute look!