Friends are one of the best gifts in life. They are like brothers and sisters sent to enjoy this adventure called life with you. Growing old together is something that you actually enjoy talking about, planning and doing.
This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to attend the wedding of my good friends C + J of whom I’ve had the pleasure of knowing since high school. Being invited to a wedding is such a high honor and it should not be taken lightly. You have been invited to share in one of the biggest moments of their life and they have decided to share it with you. I was able to witness a moment of love between two people that are perfect for one another.
C+J decided to get married in Punta Cana at the Melia Caribe Tropical Resort. The all-inclusive resort was a beautiful destination set in the Dominican Republic and the perfect getaway from the New England winter weather. (More destination and resort details next week.) It was the perfect travel “kick in the bum” I needed for the new year and I am already excited to plan my next trip somewhere. 🙂
Here just a few styling tips that I typically consider when attending a wedding:
1. Do NOT wear white – it is the brides day to shine and the honor is all hers. There are many other options to choose from and wear.
2. If the color or theme isn’t apparent from the invitation – ask some friend that may be close to the wedding party for some hints. This can help you to pick a color to wear that you will be comfortable in.
3. Cocktail or Formal – sometimes it may be hard to decide whether you would like to wear a short length dress (cocktail/daytime) or a full gown (formal/black tie). Take into consideration the time of day, location and theme of the wedding and dress accordingly.
4. Backup shoes – pack a backup pair of flip flops or flats in the car or your clutch for later in the evening. If you’ve been known to dance the night away – this could come in handy.
5. Bring a clutch – in all the commotion of packing, I completely forgot to pack a clutch. Thankfully I had a bag (which was large and in charge) but it was better than nothing.
When I was preparing for Punta Cana – I also packed a backup dress in the case I misread wedding signals. This was a lifesaver since I decided to wear the second dress option instead. My hair on the other hand was not prepared to be the frizz ball that it was! Oh well, you win some you lose some. (LOL) #lotsofhairspray
Thanks so much for stopping by and reading!
– Cheers to love, laughter and a happily ever after –