I cannot believe that today is my birthday… where does the time go? I am officially 21 again and still loving life. All my friends and co-workers know that I love birthdays, but it’s always more fun when I get to plan for someone else.
Recently, at work, we have shared some teachings about the power of authenticity and I felt a strong connection to the lesson. Today, I wanted to share with you 10 things that you may not have known about me. I hope that this will give you some insight into my world/background and I would love to get to know all of you a little better as well.
1.I love to dance! I am a classically trained dancer (ballet, tap, jazz, etc.) with Tap being my forte. I miss being in class but bopping around the apartment with some tunes on makes me happy too. I will honestly bust a move anywhere – I even battled my little brother to “Teach Me How to Dougie” at my own wedding. #sorryimnotsorry lol
2. I was born and raised in Bridgeport, CT. I lived there the majority of my life and didn’t move to Boston until I transferred for college a little over 5 years ago. I am thankful for my upbringing and for all the friends I have made in life. I am very lucky.
3.My favorite ice cream flavor is Mint Chocolate Chip, unless there is a wicked awesome Black Raspberry with Chocolate Chips – then I will take one of those please! I like old school ice cream treats too like ice cream sandwiches, strawberry shortcake bars, and Hoodsie cups.
4. I like to scrapbook. I save ticket stubs and small scraps of paper that I later build into a scrapbook for memories. While I’m building these monster albums, I practically spend all my free time at craft stores. I used to give my husband an album every year for Christmas up until we got married. They are so fun to look through now.
5. I beat my husband at bowling when we first started dating (he was my boyfriend at the time) and we didn’t bowl again until my birthday last year! He’s lucky I was too sick to show him up…lol jk love you.
6. I don’t drink coffee. It may be a shock to some of you since I am a ball of energy. I love the smell of coffee and I love coffee flavored things, but I personally don’t drink it.
7. I speak Vietnamese. Most people play the guessing game when it comes to my nationality but my parents made sure that I spoke Vietnamese before I learned English in school. Even though I was a brat and I hated it at the time, I am now forever grateful for knowing a second language. Now..if only I can cook those yummy Viet dishes too….
8. Italian food is my favorite.
9. I am the Assistant Dance Coach to the Fairfield Warde Dance Team based out of CT. They are currently the CT State Hip Hop Champions and are the runner’s up to Regional Champs too. I have been with the team for 10 years now and it has been my heart and soul. (Yes, I drive to CT to see them)
10. Once Upon a Time…I competed in the Miss CT USA pageant. It was one of the things I always wanted to do and always wished that I could go back and do it all over again a little but the as the person that I understand myself to be today. Shameless Plug: The Miss USA pageant is LIVE this Sunday 6/5 on Fox + please go vote for my friend Tiffany Texeira, Miss CT on the Miss U App to get her into the Top 15. Beauty and Brains!
As I mentioned at the beginning, I would love to get to know you a little better so tell me something I don’t know about YOU below! Here are some ideas to start: Favorite foods, favorite places to travel, what you’re currently reading or coveting, your proudest achievement, anything!
I hope that you enjoyed this post. I picked up this dress at H&M randomly and it makes me so happy! The color, the print and the fabric is spot on. It’s perfect for dressing up by adding delicate accessories so that it doesn’t clash with the print OR you can dress it down by throwing a cute jacket over it. Throw on a fun pair of shoes and head out the door.
Thank you so stopping by – remember to subscribe to my blog and follow me on social media!
| OUTFIT |
Dress || H&M
Outerwear || The Loft Jacket (similar here, save here, splurge here)
Shoes || Vince Camuto Booties (similar here, save here )
Accessories || H&M wallet (c/0 @elletoshea), The Loft Fringe Necklace (c/o The Loft),
Cole Haan Sunglasses
Thank you Shirlz for your photography skills. xoxo